20th Century Fox/Tech InsiderDirector Ridley Scott's highly-anticipated movie "The Martian" is now open in theaters everywhere.
Whether you're curious about about the film or are emerging bleary-eyed from a showing with a bunch of questions, you've come to the right place.
Tech Insider has seen and reviewed the movie, interviewed scientific experts, and chatted with filmmakers.
Below is every story we've published about "The Martian" in one handy place. Keep checking back — we'll be adding more articles soon.
- 'The Martian' is the best space sci-fi movie of my time
- What real scientists and astronauts think of 'The Martian'
- 'The Martian is basically 'Cast Away' in space — and that's a great thing
- Could a Martian dust storm tip over a rocket?
- Is NASA really sending people to Mars?
- Are the spacesuits realistic?
- How does the main character "science the shit" out of Mars?
- Are there places on Earth that actually look like Mars?
- Could you really mix feces into Martian soil to grow potatoes?
- Wouldn't you go insane if you were stranded on Mars?
- What is the computer code Mark Watney uses to talk with NASA?
- Which technologies used in the movie are real and which are fake?
- Does a Pathfinder replica really exist?
- Did NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab really start with students blowing up their dorm?
- What laws govern Mars, and is Watney really a "space pirate"?
- How different is the book from the movie?
- In what desert was the movie filmed?
- Why did screenwriter Drew Goddard squeeze in so much science?
- Did director Ridley Scott know about water on Mars before filming?
- How did Andy Weir's book get so popular and lead to a movie adaptation?
Videos and trailers
- The biggest science mistakes in 'The Martian'
- 9 ways Matt Damon sciences the s--t out of Mars in 'The Martian'
- NASA challenged designers to make a Martian home — one company created something incredible
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why he's so excited for 'The Martian'
- Matt Damon is left to die on Mars in first trailer for ‘The Martian’
Trivia and teasers
- Radical, science fiction-inspired reasons humans should colonize Mars
- 10 things you need to know before seeing the movie
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains a fake Mars mission so well it almost hurts
- There's a really clever "Lord of the Rings" reference in "The Martian"
- 'The Martian' is going to be the perfect picture of what it will take to survive on Mars
- Why 'The Martian' is going to blow 'Interstellar' and 'Gravity' out of the water
- Here's why the author of 'The Martian' says he's never setting foot on a spaceship
- The author of 'The Martian' doesn't think there's life on Mars
- This comic explains why we are so excited for 'The Martian'